Dr. David P. Sniezek, DC, MD, MBA, FAAIM
Dr. David P. Sniezek, DC, MD, Lic Acup, MBA, FAAIM
Integrative medicine consultant to the Washington Wizards, Children’s National Medical Center and George Washington University Medical Center. Dr. David Sniezek is a pioneer in integrative rehabilitation in the Washington, DC area and has been selected as a “Top Doctor” and “Top Expert in Sports Medicine” by the Washingtonian Magazine. He has spent many years studying and developing best practice guidelines and practices for his patients.
Post Doctoral Training
- McKeesport Hospital, Gen Surgery, Postgraduate Internship/Residency, PGY I-II, 84-86
- George Washington Univ Med Center, Physical Medicine & Rehab, Postgraduate Residency, PGY III-V, 87-90
- UCLA School of Medicine, Medical Acupuncture, 95
- Harvard Medical School Postgraduate, Osteopathic Manipulation, 04
- Harvard Medical School Postgraduate, Medical Acupuncture, 06-07
- George Washington University, Healthcare MBA, 2012
Licensure and Board Certifications
Chiropractic (DC. VA)
Lic. Acup (DC)
MD Qualified to Perform Acupuncture (VA)
Senior Disability Analyst, Board Certified, DABDA
Pain Management, Diplomate, DABPM
Quality Assurance & Utilization Review Phys, Board Certified, CHCQM
American Institute for Healthcare Quality, Fellow, FAIHQ
Chiropractic, Board Certified, DABCE
Medical Acupuncture, Board Certified, Fellow, DABMA, FAAMA
Neuro-rehabilitation, Board Certified
Forensic Medicine, Board Certified, DABFM
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
American Assoc Integrative Medicine, Diplomate, Fellow, FAAIM
American Board of Geriatric Medicine, Diplomate, Fellow, FABGM
George Washington University Medical Center (2009- present)
Children’s National Medical Center (2008-present)
Johns Hopkins Sibley Memorial Hospital (1990-present)
Washington Hospital Center (1991-present)
National Rehabilitation Hospital (2012-present)
Academic & Administrative Appointments
- Clinical Instructor, George Washington Univ Medical Center (1989-1994)
- Medical Faculty Assoc, George Washington Univ Medical Center (1989-1994)
Memberships, Offices and Committee Appointments
- Harvard Medical School, Lifetime Member, Postgraduate Association
- Medicare Advisory Committee, Physical Med & Rehabilitation Section, Medical Society of DC
- American Medical Association
- Med Society of DC
- Fairfax Medical Society
Awards and Honors
- “Top Doctor” Award in Rehabilitation Medicine, Washingtonian Magazine, over 15 years (since 1993)
- “Top Experts In Sports Medicine“, Washingtonian Magazine, January 2010
- George Washington University Medical Center Faculty Award, presented by GWUMC Residents and Medical Faculty Associates, 93
- Member Editorial Board, Journal of Manual Medicine, 1988-94
- Member Editorial Board, Medical Acupuncture, 2000-present
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Defense Centers of Excellence for PH/TBI
- Identification of Best Practices Directorate
- Resilience and Prevention Directorate
- Integrated Work-site Health Program
- Integrated Mind-Body Wellness Program
Founder / CEO, Senior Consultant
- SyntegrativeSolutionsLLC, Washington, DC 20037
NGO Medical Mission – Haiti
Disaster Relief Medical Mission to Haiti
Acupuncturists Without Borders, Team 6
May 20-29th, 2010
See article (http://tinyurl.com/3xoz8ss)
Attending Staff | Consulting Physician
Oncology Program | Leukemia / Lymphoma Team
Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
Children’s National Medical Center
111 Michigan Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20010-2970
- Integrating Medical Acupuncture in Pediatric Palliative Care
- Effects of Medical Acupuncture on Delayed Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting in Children with Solid Tumors. (closed)
Integrative Rehabilitation in the Performing Arts
Rehabilitation medicine, pain management, sports injuries, medical acupuncture, trigger point injections, exercise therapy, and manual therapy.
Sniezek, DP, Chapter 16, A Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Perspective on Catastrophic Injury, The Catastrophic Injury Handbook, Kenneth N. Anchor PhD, ABDA, James E. Shmerling, DHA and Jessica M. Anchor, MD eds., Kendall/Hunt Publishing Co. Iowa, 2003, pp 187-199.
Guest Editorial / Invited Articles
Sniezek DP, Siddiqui IJ, Acupuncture in the Treatment of Anxiety and Depression in Women: A Clinical, Systematic Review. Accepted for publication in Medical Acupuncture, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., January 2013.
Sniezek, DP, Guest Editorial, Community-Based Wounded Warrior Sustainability Initiative (CBWSI): An Integrative Medicine Strategy for Mitigating the Effects of PTSD. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development. Baltimore, MD,Volume 49, Number 3, 2012. http://www.rehab.research.va.gov/jour/2012/493/sniezek493.html
Sniezek, DP, Guest Editorial, Developing Practice Guidelines for Medical Acupuncture, Medical Acupuncture, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., 2008, Volume 20, Number 3, pp 137-140.
Sniezek, DP, Clinical Pearls, How Do You Treat Hot Flashes in Both Females and Males in Your Practice?, Medical Acupuncture, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., 2008, Volume 20, No. 2, pp 79-80.
Sniezek, DP, Clinical Pearls, How Do You Treat Infertility in Your Practice?, Medical Acupuncture, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., 2009, Volume 21, No. 2, pp 86.
Sniezek DP, Lateral Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow, Federal Bar News & Journal, 1993.
Sniezek DP, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, Federal Bar News & Journal, Vol. 39, No. 9, October 1992, pp 494-495.
Sniezek, DP, Acupuncture Treatment of Bell’s Palsy: A Case Report, Medical Acupuncture, Volume 10, 1999, Number 2, Fall/Winter, pp 31-32.
Sniezek, DP, Book Review, Kiiko Matsumoto’s Clinical Strategies in the Spirit of Master Nagano, Vol. 1, Medical Acupuncture, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., 2008,Volume 20, No. 2, pp 129-130.
Sniezek, DP, Book Review (reprint), Auricular Therapy: A Comprehensive Text: Auricular Phases, Frequencies, and Blockages, Bryan L. Frank, MD and Nader E. Soliman, MD, Bloomington, IN: Author House, Medical Acupuncture, 2007, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp 54-55
Sniezek, DP, Book Review, Auricular Therapy: A Comprehensive Text: Auricular Phases, Frequencies, and Blockages, Bryan L. Frank, MD and Nader E. Soliman, MD, Bloomington, IN: Author House, Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2006, Vol. 12, No. 6, Jul pp 585-586.
Sniezek, DP, Book Review, Chronic Pain: Biomedical and Spiritual Approaches by Harold G. Koenig, Medical Acupuncture, 2003, Volume 15, No. 1, Sept p 4
Sniezek, DP, Book Review, Clinical Acupuncture: Scientific Basis by Gabriel Stax and Richard Hammerschlag, Editors, Springer-Verlag; Medical Acupuncture, 2000, Volume 13, Number 2.
Articles about Dr. Sniezek
- Washingtonian Magazine – “Rubbed the Wrong Way” –Click Here
- Medical Acupuncture at Children’s National Medical Center – Click Here
- Haiti Medical Disaster Relief Mission – Click Here