When you have a condition that medicine seems unable to touch, it is one of the most helpless feelings you will ever experience. At the Advanced Integrative Rehabilitation and Pain Center in Washington D.C., we specialize in touching the conditions that other professionals cannot help. Even better, we do not immediately turn to medication. Whether you are working on taking down an old condition or recovering from an injury, we can speed you on your way faster than you thought possible.
We are committed to making sure you don’t develop more issues as you go through rehab. One of the most common places to start feeling pain is the lower back. That is why we are going to take this and the next blog to share some hints on how to keep your lower back in the best shape.
- Keep your knees relaxed and don’t let them lock. Make sure your lower back is flat and not caved in or out.
- If you have to stand for a long time, sway or place a foot on another surface.
- Bend your knees when you stoop forward. This will relieve the pull on your lower back.
- Keep your hands in front of your body and lean slightly forward. Leaning backward puts a lot of stress on your back.
- Check out more info on our handout here.
Rehabilitation can be one of the most difficult things to do – it is full of ups and downs, and it usually takes longer than we want it to. At the Advanced Integrative Rehabilitation and Pain Center, we are here to reassure you that you are doing well – and to help you do even better. We know recovery is key to getting your life back, and we are committed to helping you get there. Stop waiting and contact our Washington D.C. office today!